As I walked around the house to find inspiration for today’s challenge, I noticed the number of Buddha sculptures we have around the house…and I thought what better way to capture today than take close up shots of these Buddha statues and send out the good luck and goodwill that they stand for. Some of my favourite Buddha teachings are:-
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- Happiness does not depend upon who you are or what you have. It solely relies on what you think.
- Nothing is permanent. Everything is subject to change. Being is always becoming.
- In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.