As we wind-down the year, I take a moment to look back on 2017 moments and memories and draw from them the lessons learned:
- Sunday lunches are family time – its my most favourite time of the week. Spend as much time with family as possible – relax, connect and bond!
- My grandmother remained quite ill this year – she is much better now and we pray she will remain so but it reinforces the importance of keeping healthy, eating right and exercising!
- Travel took me to several new places this year – each brought with them new feelings, new experiences, new viewpoints and new sights – see at least one new place each year…
- Work has been rewarding and invigorating – keep working hard and giving your best!
- As I look back on the photos and videos, though they are etched on my mind and heart, the importance of capturing the special moments of our lives is highlighted – take as many photos and videos as you can!
- I have read quite a lot this year though not as much as I would have liked – I have tried new authors, looked at topics I hadn’t before and articles that I wouldn’t have read previously – be open to listening to new ideas and then form your own opinion based on your values…
- I decluttered a lot this year – made space, gave away things, became organised and felt suddenly a weight lift off my shoulders – Less is more. Its moments that make life not things!
- I had read somewhere that life is about moments – don’t wait for them, create them – make those moments to laugh, live, sing and dance! Be happy – its a choice…
Here’s to a fabulous 2018 and more lessons to learn!